Saturday, 2 February 2013
Whoa.......is this for me?
Why Thank you very much!!!
"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
Imagine my delight and surprise to be handed this award for my little blog!
Thank you Jo from "The Striped Deckchair".
I think it is a lovely way to expand your horizons and seek out new small blogs as well as getting to know a little more about our fellow bloggers.
I enjoy reading so many different blogs out there, in fact I no longer read the daily broadsheet anymore, I fire up the steam powered Ipaddy thingy and read much more uplifting and relevant journalism over my peaceful breakfast.
I am not fleeing the world and I am still very well informed about world events as I listen to the radio most days, but the doom and gloom in most newspapers and TV news shows is quite frankly soul destroying.
So I love that I have blogs to read and a small insight into how people all over the world are getting on with their lives in a very normal and creative way.
Now the second part of this award is to answer questions that Jo has come up with.
1. If I could visit anywhere in the world, where would that be?.........Right now its France, starting in Paris.
2. What is your favourite flower?.......Roses.
3. Name your best friend, and their three best qualities.....
Can I be corny but its true, my best friend is my husband, the qualities I most admire in him are his loyalty, his capacity to work hard and his sly sense of humour...he is quite reserved but when you know him well he is a friend for life.
4. What music/song fires you up?......Lol any revenge song, such as "You're so vain", "Bitter little pill" I love to shout out great lyrics.
5. Can you speak another language?....No...sigh.
6.Favourite meal and how often do you eat it?....Comfort food is fried chips......whenever I need comfort I will seek them out.
7. What are reading and making at the moment?.....Reading, "Too many men" by Lily Brett, Making...lots of things!
8. Typical Sunday?.....Supermarket shopping, followed by general mooching, driving number one daughter around, cleaning up kitchen, polishing toaster, and blogging, then when all my chores are done sewing as hubby makes dinner...yes spoilt I know!
9. Favourite footwear.......BIRKENSTOCKS......daggy but once worn never return to flat shoe beds.
10.Where was your last holiday......Welllll, lucky me went to Texas for Quilt Market, then 10 days in New York with number one daughter.......bliss.
11. Do you have a nickname?........Hubby calls me "shorty pants".........a good friend calls me " Snooze"
11 random facts about myself,
1. Hate having my photo taken.
2. I am allergic to alcohol...true!
3. I have tender skin, poking me in the arm really really hurts.
4. I will hug people who look sad.
5. I practice yoga.
6. I enjoy making my own clothes.
7. I adore my children, they can be trying at times but they are the lights of my life.
8. I cannot abide people who lie to me.
9. I have made it my mission to shut down peoples anger with extreme kindness.....in my job it so works a treat.
10. I look tough and together...but I have a tender heart
11. I will argue with you if you are wrong..:-)
Now I am going to go away and seek out 11 bloggers to pass this award onto, and think of 11 questions to ask them.
Thank you again Jo for thinking of me, its been fun!