Sunday 21 April 2013

After I reintroduced myself with a bit of silly behavior....






 I struck it lucky on my thrift or "op shop" run just lately and found an old collection of wooden cotton reels. These were the ones that had lost labels and were hard to display ...or so I thought...




 Then I struck it lucky finding this on the street....an old Ikea copy of a printers tray...but hey one mans trash as they say.



OK...this has possibilities me thinks.




Voila!

What do you think?
Now I must be honest here this was not entirely all my own idea, I was inspired by a picture from Patchwork Chickens: HAPPY EASTER !!

When I saw her studio space and the collection of threads, well I put two and two together and got this.

I adore the inspiration I see on other peoples blogs and their generosity in sharing. You just never know what ideas can grow.




I also scored this little basket....again I wondered did I really need such a thing....I know what has need got to do with it?

I just loved the painting on it, all hand done.

I got into my sewing room and pondered, it looked great but what function could it serve? I know, but I already have a LOT of decorative stuff and I am trying to be selective a little.

Problem solved.

It fits and hides away the utilitarian work light.....bingo!

Some days are just inspired..it doesnt happen a lot but when it does, I love it.
So now I have a lovely basket that covers a necessary but not entirely beautiful item.

Here endeth my tale.....for now.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's e perfect place for threads...I love how she grouped the colours together too! :) x

    ReplyDelete